Tradutor / Translator / Traductor / Übersetzer / Traduttore / Traducteur / 翻訳者 / переводчик

terça-feira, 10 de janeiro de 2017

Announcing the Jack Lemmon blogathon

Jack Lemmon was his name, acting wonderfully was his game. He shined in both drama and comedy. He is best remembered by his role in “Some Like It Hot” (1959), but he also won two Oscars, four Golden Globes, two Emmys, three BAFTAs and two Cannes prizes for Best Actor. He was born inside an elevator, went to Harvard, served the Marine, was a self-taught pianist, was Billy Wilder’s favorite and Walter Matthau’s best friend. SO. MUCH. AWESOMENESS.
That’s why I had to jump on the bandwagon when my friend Rich of Wide Screen World invited me, of all bloggers, to co-host a blogathon in honor of Jack Lemmon.

To maximize the fun, we minimized the rules:

Choose a film, a topic, an anecdote. Duplicates are allowed.
Get in touch with us via blog or Twitter (me, @startspreading / Rich, @ratzo318)
Grab a banner if you like (we appreciate the support)

Publish your post when the time comes and send us the links!

The roster so far:

Critica Retrô – 12 Angry Men (1997 TV movie)
Wide Screen World – The Out of Towners (1970)
A Shroud of Thoughts – The Apartment (1960)
The Old Hollywood Garden – It Should Happen to You (1954)
Paula’s Cinema Club – It Happened to Jane (1959)
Love Letters to Old Hollywood – Bell, Book and Candle (1958) 
Caftan Woman – Avanti! (1972)
Outspoken & Freckled – Mister Roberts (1955)
Old Hollywood Films – The Odd Couple (1968)
Moon in Gemini – Some Like It Hot (1959)
The Midnite Drive-In – How to Murder Your Wife (1965) 



21 comentários:

Terence Towles Canote disse...

I'm calling dibs on The Apartment!

Carol disse...

Heya!
Could I do It Should Happen to You (1954)?

Carol

Rich disse...

It's all yours. Thanks.

Paula disse...

Great idea for a blogathon! How about IT HAPPENED TO JANE?

Rich disse...

You certainly could.

Rich disse...

I've never seen that one. Good call.

Michaela disse...

Although I'd love to do about five, I'm gonna have to stick with one: Bell, Book, and Candle. Maybe if I think I'll have more time as the dates get closer I can choose a second. Should be a great event!

LoveLettersToOldHollywood.blogspot.com

Rich disse...

More than one would be terrific.

Debra Vega disse...

Can't believe no one has picked Some Like it Hot yet! Put me down for it, please!

Moon in Gemini: https://debravega.wordpress.com/

Rich disse...

Someone had to do it. Might as well be you.

Silver Screenings disse...

Hi Le and Rich – great idea! Can you put me down for "The China Syndrome" (1979)?

Silver Screenings: https://silverscreenings.org/

Rich disse...

Hi Ruth. Thanks for joining!

Keisha disse...

Fantastic idea for a blogathon! I'd love to write about Days of Wine and Roses.

I'm at Cinema Cities: https://cinemacities.wordpress.com/

Rich disse...

Excellent choice.

Gill Jacob disse...

Hi there sweetie,

Love to join your blogathon (fab idea btw), can I put in a review of him in Airport 77?

My blog, https://weegiemidget.wordpress.com/

Thanks, Gill from Realweegiemidget Reviews

Rich disse...

Sure can. Many thanks.

Leah Williams disse...

Has anyone snatched up Fortune Cookie yet?

Rich disse...

You have. Take it.

Leah Williams disse...

Great! Thanks.

Virginie Pronovost disse...

Hi Leticia! I would like to go with Irma la Douce :)
My blog is The Wonderful World of Cinema
https://thewonderfulworldofcinema.wordpress.com

Rich disse...

Got it. Many thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...